Jan 28 (7 days ago)
SAWTELL ART GROUP Inc.
COURSES FOR TERMS 1 & 2, 2016
BEGINNERS OILS – Monday 9.00am to 12 Noon (while David Southgate is on leave)
- This is an excellent chance to learn the fundamentals of working with Oils
- You will learn the Colour Wheel, colour mixing, Tone, Perspective, and more.
ANY MEDIUM, ANY LEVEL – Monday 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Geoff will use his considerable experience as a teacher and artist to help you develop your own style and techniques
ACRYLIC TECHNIQUES FOR ALL – Tuesday 9.00am to 12 Noon
- Cate Townsend will help you to expand your Acrylic techniques using Photoshop as an aid to composition (the Photoshop component is optional)
CREATIVE DRAWING – Tuesday 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- You will learn Line & Tone, Shapes, Observational Drawing, Visual Perspective, Creative Techniques (including Abstract and Plein Air Drawing).
- Requirements: A2 Bank Layout Pad, Backing Board to suite, Bulldog clips, Preogesso Pencil No.9 Black, Willow charcoal.
WATERCOLOUR (Intermediate to Advanced) – Wednesday 9.00am to 12 Noon with Helen Goldsmith
- You will learn Colour Mixing, Paper Types, Drawing for Watercolour.
- Term 1 – 4 weeks Still Life; 4 weeks Landscapes
- Requirements: A2 Bank Layout Pad, 2B and 9B pencils, Backing Board to suit, sheet of Arches 185 gm watercolour paper, A4 Sketchbook, Bulldog clips, 1/2″ Masking tape,
- Bring what Brushes and Paints you have, colours will be discussed on the 1st day
ALL TECHNIQUES except WATERCOLOUR – Wednesday 1.00pm to 4.00pm with Helen Goldsmith
- Acrylics, Oils, Pastels, Drawing
- Helen will help and advise you how to develop your individual techniques from either a still life set-up or from your own personal photographs. This calll can also give you the chance to try different techniques and mediums.
- Bring your own equipment
ACRYLICS FOR EVERYONE – Wednesday evening 6.30pm to 8.30pm with Yvonne Klepzig
- Pressed for time and can only attend art lessons in the evening? Then this is the class for you. It caters for teenagers to seniors at all levels of artistic ability. Anyone who wants some guidance with their painting can obtain help from Yvonne at $80.00 for the 8 week term. So just bring along your paints, brushes and a picture/s of what you want to create and she will show you how to achieve that masterpiece.
- SOCIAL PAINTING – Experienced artists, who like a bit of company and encouragement while they paint, can join the casual social side of the class for just $5.00 per lesson.
BEGINNERS PASTELS (Beginners to Intermediate) – Thursday 9.00am to 12 Noon with Yvonne Klepzig
- While David Southgate is on leave Yvonne will help you to gain confidence in the use of Pastels, learning how to work from dark to light, background to foreground and colour blending.
BEGINNERS WATERCOLOUR – Thursday 1.00pm to 4.00pm with Yvonne Klepzig
- While David Southgate is on leave, Yvonne will be conducting this class in easy steps for you to achieve an understanding of this challenging medium.
LIFE DRAWING – 1st Friday of each month – 10.00am to 12 Noon – $15.00 per session includes Model’s fee
Co-ordinated by George Partos or Helen Goldsmith
SOCIAL PAINTING – Saturday 9.00am to 12Noon – $5.00
Sawtell Art Group Inc
Gallery 6658 6477
Rhonda 0401 214 312 or 6653 3100